Friday, February 21, 2014

Some random thoughts about love.

Why are we as human beings so concerned about whom other human beings love? Isn't the fact that love exists between two human beings enough? Do we have so little going on in our own lives that we have to worry about it being "Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve?"

Love is a wonderous thing! It allows us to make connections with other people, it can bring joy in our lives and yes at times much sorrow. But it still exists as a basic human need. Sometimes it happens instantly, other times it takes a while. Even if we are not with The One, we are still with someone we do love in some way.

I have always said that it took me many years to fall deeply in love with my wife, that's not saying I didn't love her when we met, it means I didn't love her as much as I do now after 17 years of marriage. But, the instant my daughters reached up with thier tiny little hands, literally minutes after being born, I knew I loved them more than anything I ever would in my life.

Does this make me a bad person? No, it makes me human, it makes me a father, more importantly it makes me a DAD.

I have many friends who are homosexual or bisexual, I personally am a huge supporter of LGBT RIGHTS and Same Sex Marriage. Why? Because I want everyone to have love in their lives, if only for a brief time.  As some one once said...." Love is all you need."

May the Force be with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment