Thursday, April 3, 2014

Taking life for granted.

This is being contributed by our own Assistant Pastor Rev. Shirk.



In lieu of recent tragedies around the globe, I have noticed many people asking the same question "Am I taking my life for granted?" When most tragedies occurs most of us, including myself, look back on our lives and wonder, have we really lived our lives to wisely or to the fullest?

For myself when the Malaysian airliner went down in the Indian Ocean last month I had again seen a comment on Yahoo.com from a random person asking this very question of those who read the article. At that time I had look back on the last two years of my life since being ordained and had come to the conclusion that like so many others, I had fallen off the path and had not been living my life to the fullest.

I became stuck in the rut of every day life that we as human beings fall custom to. For so many of us what I mean by the rut of every day life is going to full or part time job, coming home to overwhelming bills and every day stresses of life. This particular problem we all share, tends to rob us of the true treasures of life which is our family, friends and loved ones. These stresses tends to take us off the path of happiness.

In order to combat the rut, we need to remind not only ourselves but friends and loved ones, just what it is that keeps is us on the path of happiness and love. And for me that means keeping my faith very prominate in my life, so that the demons of the world will not drag me off the path of happiness. The demons what wish to draw us off the path are growing more powerful, this gives us more reason to need each other more and more each day.

I will be talking more on this during one of our future Talks. Peace be with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment