Monday, June 30, 2014

Be open to others

My family and I spent the morning yesterday attending a service of the Church of Latter Day Saints a.k.a. LDS, Mormons.  Now, I'll give you that it wasn't a normal church service I was used to, being as it was more calm and structured but the spirit never the less was there.  We broke down into smaller groups through out the morning to better study the Word of God and I found it to be most interesting.

The group I was in was talking about Prayer and how and when we should pray. The speaker talked about things that were familiar to me through previous teaching on the subject but he also mention a few things that hit a little close to home, because they actually happened to me. 

Later I was asked by one of the female missionaries we attended with how I felt. I stated that I really didn't feel anything except interest. That was due to the fact that most of what I had heard and experienced during our visit both at the church and with the missionaries, was at least half truth, unlike most of what I had be taught in the past.  This intrigued me and is forcing me to look more into the LDS belief.

Now, some of you are saying at this point, "Aren't you a Jedi?" I respond by saying Yes, yes I am. However, as such I have taken it upon myself as a Jedi Mister and Head of A.F.M. to be open to experience new religions and see what they have to offer. The reason being I have found that most of the religions of the world today have forgotten to be open to new experiences in other religions!

They are so focused on the fact that theirs is the one and only, the biggest and the best, the oldest and newest, that they have forgotten that if you break it down, it is all one deity just different methods of worship! This is the reason that more people have been KILLED IN THE NAME OF GOD THAN ANY WAR TO DATE! I find that extremely sad.

How can we be so closed minded as to kill another human being, just because they don't "believe in the same God?" Heartbreaking to say the least.  So, I ask of all who are reading this, remember please be open and understanding to other religions, someone who believes in that one just may be the key to saving your life one day.

As always, may the Force be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment