Tuesday, July 22, 2014

One year ago.

One year ago I lost a friend of mine suddenly. It has been hard for those who knew him to continue without him, myself included. Even though I had not spoken to him for several years I still held him in very high regard. While I was helping prepare for VBS last week, a friend shared something with me. As soon as I read it I heard Randy's voice talking to me. I would now like to share it with all of you who know and love Randy.

I am home in Heaven, dear ones; Oh, so happy and so bright! There is this everlasting light. All the pain and grief is over, Every restless tossing passed; I am now at peace forever, Safely home in Heaven at last. Did you wonder I so calmly Trod the valley of the shade? Oh! but Jesus' love illumined every dark and fearful glade. And He came Himself to meet me in that way so hard to tread; And with Jesus' arm to lean on, could I have one doubt or dread? Then you must not grieve so sorely, For I love you dearly still. Try to look beyond earth's shadows, pray to trust our Father's Will. There is work still waiting for you, so you much not idly stand; Do it now, while life remaineth-- You shall rest in Jesus' land. When that work is all completed, He will gently call you Home; Oh, the rapture of that meeting, Oh the joy to see you come!

We love and miss you Randy, you are remembered with Honor by your Klingon Brethren, and you are remembered with love by your family and friends. Rest well my friend, we will see each other again.


As always, may the Force be with you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment