Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Reminder to all

As I have just sent my children to school, I remind everyone who reads this to be mindful of our young ones who are off to school this month or week. Not only for those returning to school but those attending for the first time. Be mindful as you drive to work or even drive them to school, be mindful of the little ones walking or riding their bikes, let them arrive at school safely as you want your children to.

Also I remind parent, do not just fill your child's belly with breakfast in the morning, but fill their hearts as well. Give them a hug before you drop them off or board the bus or leave for school.  Knowing that they are loved each and every day will give them the emotional strength they will need to make it through the day, let alone life. Knowing that Mom and Dad are there for them no matter what will give your children a strong emotional foundation and make them better people in the long run.

I tell my own children, "I may not like you at times, but I will ALWAYS love you!" And I don't think I am wrong in saying this. Every parent, I'm almost positive, has those days when they just want to tape their kids to the wall and leave them. Their is nothing wrong with not liking your child at times, I'd be willing to say there will be days when the feeling is mutual, but ALWAYS love them! Love them no matter what they say or do or who they are.

It always breaks my heart when I hear that children come to their parents and say possibly the hardest thing to say, "Mom, Dad...I'm Gay." then the parents disown them. Your child has come to you and opened themselves up and shown who they really are. Does it change them as a person? NO Does it change their status as your child? NO They are still your child, they are still the person you raised and loved, it just means they love who they love. How does that effect us as parents? It doesn't, so we should accept that fact. We should be happy that they have LOVE in their lives, and that is all that matters!

Again, love your children every day and remind them of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment